OPTIMIZING DELIVERY ROUTE BY APPLYING MILKRUN METHOD
- Putri Setiani, Hanifah Fiddieny, Edhie Budi Setiawan, Diah Etika Cahyanti
- Corresponding Author
- Putri Setiani
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.65How to use a DOI?
- Optimal Route, Milk Run, Direct Shipment
- Efficiency of the optimal vehicle route to generate effective delivery is an important issue in the logistics world. The common methods usually practiced in delivery systems are direct shipment, indirect shipment and milk run method. The objective of this research is to analyze the optimization of delivery route by comparing direct shipment method to milk run method to obtain effective delivery. This research involved 8 suppliers and 1 delivery route from the total population of 18 suppliers at PT. Toyota Motor Manfacturing Indonesia and 4 delivery routes in Cikarang area. Data were analyzed by using Vehicle Routing Problem and saving matrix method. The result shows that the optimal delivery route can minimize the distance and vehicle leadtime, therefore, the total cost spent in the milkrun delivery process is cheaper than by applying direct shipment method. It can be concluded that regular parts shipment process by using milk run method is more effective than by using direct shipment method
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Putri Setiani AU - Hanifah Fiddieny AU - Edhie Budi Setiawan AU - Diah Etika Cahyanti PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - OPTIMIZING DELIVERY ROUTE BY APPLYING MILKRUN METHOD BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.65 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.65 ID - Setiani2017/11 ER -