INDONESIA RAILWAYS STRATEGY TO MAXIMIZE FREIGHT TRAIN
- Alya Dainida, Rizka Arlia Kartika, Masjraul Hidajat, Ratna Suminar
- Corresponding Author
- Alya Dainida
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.68How to use a DOI?
- strategy, freight train, railway, transportation, swot analysis
- Trains can only carry cargo from one station to other stations. To arrive at the destination, the cargo still needs to be carried by other mode of transportation. About 80% of transportation in Java is dominated by roadway transportation by far. Many business doers prefer using trucks to trains because ofthe handling andthe accessibility. The purpose of this research is to find a proper strategy to be proposed to PT. KAI to maximize the usage of freight trains in Indonesia through SWOT analysis. Those strategies are market penetration, product development, force sustentation and opportunities utilization
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Alya Dainida AU - Rizka Arlia Kartika AU - Masjraul Hidajat AU - Ratna Suminar PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - INDONESIA RAILWAYS STRATEGY TO MAXIMIZE FREIGHT TRAIN BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.68 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.68 ID - Dainida2017/11 ER -