HIDDEN DANGEROUS GOODS CONTAINING LITHIUM BATTERIES SHIPMENT BY AIR FREIGHT
- M Rifni, Luthfiani Rachmatia Agustin, Nada Septiara
- Corresponding Author
- M Rifni
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.69How to use a DOI?
- Lithium batteries, air cargo, hidden, dangerous goods, safety.
- Lithium batteries recently become recommended power sources due to its advantages which have high specific energy, high capacity, long cycle, etc. The development of lithium batteries pushes the development and production of electonic equipments to the next step. As the effect, the demand for electronic equipment shipments rises. Besides creating opportunities, lithium batteries also pose threats due to its capability of posing hazards which endanger flight safety. In air transport history, there are many accidents occured due to lithium batteries carriages. One of the factors that induces lithium battery deficiency is mishandling due to inaccurate information about the goods. A lot of goods that may contain lithium battery such as electronic equipment, medical equipment, machinery parts, etc. often declared as general cargo by the shipper. To prevent and minimize accident caused by hidden dangerous goods, air carrier staffs are demanded to comprehend informations related to dangerous goods. This paper explains a glimpse of information about hidden dangerous goods containing lithium batteries shipment by air freight.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - M Rifni AU - Luthfiani Rachmatia Agustin AU - Nada Septiara PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - HIDDEN DANGEROUS GOODS CONTAINING LITHIUM BATTERIES SHIPMENT BY AIR FREIGHT BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.69 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.69 ID - Rifni2017/11 ER -