MULTIPLIER EFFECTS OF AIRPORT DEVELOPMENT ON LOCAL ECONOMIC GROWTH IN SOEKARNO HATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Nabilah Ulfah, Nadaa Iqbalia Gunawan, Muhammad Iqbal Firdaus, Muhamad Rofiq
- Corresponding Author
- Nabilah Ulfah
Available Online November 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.73How to use a DOI?
- Multiplier effects of airport, Airport development, Local economic, Economic growth, Impact of developing airport
- The economic growth and advancement of the transportation community will require fast, safe, and timely transportation, making the airport not only a landing and take-off only for operational activities, but after the passage of the airport paradigm becomes the gateway to the economy, tourism activities, trade, and arising in the transport network, integrated with the surrounding support areas that generate economic impact of the air transport development whose purpose seeking the process of linkage changes in one field to be one cause of change in other fields. This paper endeavors to discover the multiplier effects of airport development impacts on local economic growth. The methodology of thestudy used descriptive approach with structured interview to informants in the airport whose economic life has been affected by the sheer development of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The study shows that local economic activities within the airport environment have been improved in some aspects, mostly in the job opportunity for local residents which drives economic improvements of the households.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nabilah Ulfah AU - Nadaa Iqbalia Gunawan AU - Muhammad Iqbal Firdaus AU - Muhamad Rofiq PY - 2017/11 DA - 2017/11 TI - MULTIPLIER EFFECTS OF AIRPORT DEVELOPMENT ON LOCAL ECONOMIC GROWTH IN SOEKARNO HATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT BT - Global Research on Sustainable Transport (GROST 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.73 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/grost-17.2018.73 ID - Ulfah2017/11 ER -