Free vibration analysis of embedded SWCNTs using DQM based on nonlocal Euler-Bernoulli beam theory
- Maria Anna De Rosa, Maria Lippiello, Hector Martin, Francesco Vairo
- Corresponding Author
- Maria Anna De Rosa
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.52How to use a DOI?
- Carbon nanotube, free vibration, nonlocal effect, DQM.
- The present paper deals with the free vibration analysis of single-walled carbon nanotube in an elastic medium based on nonlocal Euler-Bernoulli beam theory. The differential quadrature method (DQM) is applied to finding free frequencies of nano-beam systems having to the ends translational and rotational elastic constraints and taking into account the influence of the rotary inertia. Numerical examples are performed to show the accuracy of the proposed method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Maria Anna De Rosa AU - Maria Lippiello AU - Hector Martin AU - Francesco Vairo PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Free vibration analysis of embedded SWCNTs using DQM based on nonlocal Euler-Bernoulli beam theory BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.52 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.52 ID - DeRosa2013/08 ER -