A Novel NRZ/RZ Format Converter Basedon Polarizer Modulator
- Shi lei Bai, Zhong hang Duan, Xin qiao Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Shi lei Bai
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.82How to use a DOI?
- Format converter, polarizer modulator, NRZ, RZ.
- A novel non-return-to-zero (NRZ) to return-to-zero (RZ) format converter is proposed and demonstrated through an optical simulation software. This converter first adopt a polarizer modulator (PolM), to polarizer modulate the input NRZ signal, then a RF clock signal is used to restrain the side-lobes, thus to achieve NRZ/RZ conversion. The proposed converter features a convenient way to adjust the duty cycle of the output RZ signal, a same wavelength before and after converter, a very small time-jitter, high conversion efficiency, low cost and some other advantages, which could be expected to have an extensive use in high-speed optical communication networks.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shi lei Bai AU - Zhong hang Duan AU - Xin qiao Chen PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - A Novel NRZ/RZ Format Converter Basedon Polarizer Modulator BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.82 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.82 ID - Bai2013/08 ER -