Study on the Generation of Ultra-wideband Doublet Pulse Based on SOA-XPM in a Nonlinear Optical Loop Mirror
- Ya lin Guan, Zhen Zhang, Xinq iao Chen, Rui dong Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Ya lin Guan
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.84How to use a DOI?
- Ultra-wideband (UWB) signal, UWB doublet, UWB over fiber, nonlinear optical loop mirror (NOLM), semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA).
- Photonic generation of UWB signals is the one of the key technology of UWB-over-fiber system. This paper proposes a method to generate UWB doublet signals utilizing the cross-phase modulation (XPM) in a semiconductor optical amplifier (SOA) in a NOLM. The simulation experiment based on the proposed method is carried out. UWB doublet signals which have a central frequency of 6.05GHz and a relative bandwidth of 121% are obtained in the simulation experiment. The simulation result verifies the feasibility of the proposed method. In addition, the central frequency and bandwidth of the generated UWB doublet signal is variable.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ya lin Guan AU - Zhen Zhang AU - Xinq iao Chen AU - Rui dong Wang PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Study on the Generation of Ultra-wideband Doublet Pulse Based on SOA-XPM in a Nonlinear Optical Loop Mirror BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Electronics Information (ICACSEI 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.84 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icacsei.2013.84 ID - Guan2013/08 ER -