Development of A Web-based English Teaching Course to Increase Nursing Students’ Information Literacy Competency
- Ching-Yu Cheng, Shwu-Ru Liou, Wei-Chieh Yu, Hsiu-Min Tsai
- Corresponding Author
- Ching-Yu Cheng
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.49How to use a DOI?
- web-based learning, information literacy, nursing
- This study aimed to develop a web-based course to cultivate nursing students' information literacy competency. The study was a three-semester study that included a development of the course, pilot-test and modification of the course design, and final implementation of the modified course design. All class activities were done online except for periodical meetings for problem discussions. The results showed that the majority of students possessed positive thoughts about the teaching method, understood more about information literacy and could apply information literacy skills in nursing. This teaching model for information literacy can be references for educators to develop online courses.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ching-Yu Cheng AU - Shwu-Ru Liou AU - Wei-Chieh Yu AU - Hsiu-Min Tsai PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Development of A Web-based English Teaching Course to Increase Nursing Students’ Information Literacy Competency BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.49 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.49 ID - Cheng2013/08 ER -