An instrument for evaluating problem solving, inquiry and programming skills in the context of robotics education
- Heilo Altin, Margus Pedaste
- Corresponding Author
- Heilo Altin
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.60How to use a DOI?
- educational robotics, inquiry skills, problem solving skills, programming skills
- Educational robotics has been mostly practiced as an extracurricular activity. There are few studies evaluating the ef-fect of robotics education on students’ improvement. For such studies an instru-ment for evaluating study effect in the context of robotics is needed. We devel-oped and tested such an instrument. The results showed that it is at an appropriate difficulty level and two versions of the instrument can be applied in pre- and post-test studies. The instrument evalu-ates students’ skills to solve decision making and troubleshooting problems, inquiry skills and programming skills in the context of robotics education.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Heilo Altin AU - Margus Pedaste PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - An instrument for evaluating problem solving, inquiry and programming skills in the context of robotics education BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.60 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.60 ID - Altin2013/08 ER -