Assistive Technologies Summer School:STEM-subjects and robotics
- Lena Hoffmann, Sven Franz, Thomas Eilts, Frank Wallhoff
- Corresponding Author
- Lena Hoffmann
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.62How to use a DOI?
- Engineering education, STEM, Summer School, technical assistive systems, con-junction of theory and praxis, problem-based learning
- The MINTOL project envisaged a Sum-mer School about robotics and computer science in relation to the STEM-subjects in Oldenburg. The participants, German high school pupils, got a structured ap-proach to concepts of assistive technolo-gies and got to know specific practical examples, respectively with a view to functionality and appliance. The contents of the project program were in-troduced theoretically and deepened by dint of practical exercises. Main subjects to be worked on were basics of technical assistive systems as well as basics of communication and information technol-ogies, potentials of robotics (primarily basic concepts, assembling and pro-gramming), methods of image processing, and finally technical potentials of building systems engineering and its crosslinking.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lena Hoffmann AU - Sven Franz AU - Thomas Eilts AU - Frank Wallhoff PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Assistive Technologies Summer School:STEM-subjects and robotics BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.62 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.62 ID - Hoffmann2013/08 ER -