Exercise generation with the system Passarola
- José João Almeida, Isabel Araújo, Irene Brito, Nuno Carvalho, Gaspar J. Machado, Rui M. S. Pereira, Georgi Smirnov
- Corresponding Author
- José João Almeida
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.64How to use a DOI?
- Passarola, exercise generation system, self-regulating study.
- A robust multi-domain coverage exercise generation system usually works with an-swers of simple types (e.g. multiple-choice, Boolean, integer, or file compari-son). In this paper we describe Passarola, a simple, yet powerful, exercise genera-tion system and its language that anyone with no computer science background can use to develop exercises. It may include a collection of heterogeneous objects allowing the usage of complex elements. Its main characteristics are the use of simple reusable templates, simple and rich types, and rich notation and syntax (LaTeX based) for questions, solutions, and answers.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - José João Almeida AU - Isabel Araújo AU - Irene Brito AU - Nuno Carvalho AU - Gaspar J. Machado AU - Rui M. S. Pereira AU - Georgi Smirnov PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Exercise generation with the system Passarola BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.64 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.64 ID - JoãoAlmeida2013/08 ER -