Game-based ICT Project Formulation based on Agile Approach for Skills Development
- L. Vega, N. Cancela, R. Quintero, L. Zepeda
- Corresponding Author
- L. Vega
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.101How to use a DOI?
- Game-based learning, agile methods, Scrum, Software Engineering, skills development.
- The project we proposed seeks to develop in students the skills needed to manage projects that arise in different areas of ICT. In this way, the project can be used in many curriculum courses through the professor´s particular adaptation. Engi-neering and project management subjects can be integrated. Our project design merges Scrum method´s principles, values and practices (an emerging agile method, whose skills are in high demand in ICT's labor market) and game-based learning techniques (building a LEGO city) to encourage stu-dents skills development (an educational approach that integrates different knowledge in the learning process to en-courage students skills development).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - L. Vega AU - N. Cancela AU - R. Quintero AU - L. Zepeda PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Game-based ICT Project Formulation based on Agile Approach for Skills Development BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.101 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.101 ID - Vega2013/08 ER -