Blocking Effects of CSF Spleen Vaccine on Vertical Transmission of CSFV and PRRSV Co-infection in Sows
- XinPing Liu, JiuXiang Yuan, RongQing Hu, JianHuang Zou, FengMei Yang, LiHua Yao
- Corresponding Author
- XinPing Liu
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaiees-13.2013.32How to use a DOI?
- classical swine fever virus (CSFV), porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV), sows, vertical transmission
- To investigate the blocking effects of classical swine fever (CSF) spleen vaccine on vertical transmission of classical swine fever virus (CSFV) and porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) co-infection in sows. Sows infected CSFV+PRRSV were selected from three large-scale pig farms and they were randomly divided into group I and group II. The sows in the group I were set as experimental group and vaccinated with CSF spleen vaccine at a 2 times normal dose per pig; and sows in group II were set as control group and vaccinated with CSF cell vaccine at a 6 times normal dose per pig. The antigens of piglets were detected by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) method. Our results revealed that the blocking rate on the antigen of piglets in the experimental group (79.25%, 42/53) was significantly higher than that in the control group (50.94%, 27/53) (p<0.01). Collectively, these results demonstrate that CSF spleen vaccine has a good blocking effects on vertical transmission of CSFV+PPRSV co-infection in sows.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - XinPing Liu AU - JiuXiang Yuan AU - RongQing Hu AU - JianHuang Zou AU - FengMei Yang AU - LiHua Yao PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Blocking Effects of CSF Spleen Vaccine on Vertical Transmission of CSFV and PRRSV Co-infection in Sows BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Information Engineering and Education Science (ICAIEES 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaiees-13.2013.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaiees-13.2013.32 ID - Liu2013/12 ER -