Development of a Constant Power AC/DC Converter for Point Heater Equipment
- Il Hong Min,, Kwang Woo Chung
- Corresponding Author
- Il Hong Min,
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaiees-13.2013.63How to use a DOI?
- Pointer heater equipment, Constant power converter, AC/DC Converter
- Turnout equipment plays a vital role in the safe operation of railroad systems. It is of great importance in ensuring safety and punctuality, and in the smooth operation of point switching mechanisms. Failure of switching gear due to climatic conditions at their site of installation is a frequent occurrence, in particular, breakdown resulting from the effects of snow and ice or of piled-up snow. To prevent this happening, heating equipment can be installed to get rid of the ice and snow. Generally speaking, a point heater comprises a heating system, an electricity supply unit, and various kinds of sensor. However, overheating sometimes occurs owing to failures caused by inadequate sensor installation, resulting in the heater becoming unusable. Therefore, a converter is proposed to prevent this overheating by controlling the electricity supply to the heater while detecting the ambient temperature without the use of such sensors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Il Hong Min, AU - Kwang Woo Chung PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Development of a Constant Power AC/DC Converter for Point Heater Equipment BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced Information Engineering and Education Science (ICAIEES 2013) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaiees-13.2013.63 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaiees-13.2013.63 ID - Min,2013/12 ER -