Study on the Effect of Leaders' Emotional Expressions on Followers' Performance—based on EASI
- Rui Yang, Wei Li, Yan-juan Mo
- Corresponding Author
- Rui Yang
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.32How to use a DOI?
- leaders’ emotional expressions; followers’ performance; followers’ psychology maturities; familiarities of followers and leader
- Leaders’ emotions affect followers’ task performance and peripheral performance, which is crucial to the organization’s survival and success. However, the mechanisms for effect are not clear and the existing research results are quite different. Based on emotions as social information model, this paper discusses the followers’ performance led by leaders’ emotional expressions through affective reaction path and inferential path. These two paths may operate separately or in parallel and in any order. And followers’ psychology maturities and familiarities with their leaders (in-group /out-group) play important role: When followers’ psychology maturities and familiarities with their leaders are high(in-group), leaders’ emotional expressions may affect followers’ performance by providing relevant information about the situation (inferential path). When followers’ psychology maturities and familiarities with their leaders are low (out-group), leaders’ emotions can be directly transmitted to the followers through the emotional process and influence followers’ impression of leaders’ behaviors as well as their performance(affective reactions path).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rui Yang AU - Wei Li AU - Yan-juan Mo PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Study on the Effect of Leaders' Emotional Expressions on Followers' Performance—based on EASI BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.32 ID - Yang2016/08 ER -