Incubator of Young Journalists as an Opportunity to Improve Communal Media
- Štefánia Kru ová, Slavomír Magál, Jozef Tinka
- Corresponding Author
- Štefánia Kru ová
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.68How to use a DOI?
- metamorphosis of the public, relationship based media, Incubator of young journalists, public role of media.
- This study is based on a new theory of the metamorphosis of the mass public and media and a new typology of media that reflects the development of media communication in the digital age. Focus in particular is placed on the category of communal relationship-based media and their public role in strengthening democracy in society. Analysis of these media in the Slovak media environment highlights the problems associated with the creation of media content, in particular the low level of journalistic processing, manipulative content, the closed-nature of media and discrepancies between the expectations of the public and the content structure of media. One cause is the low level of professionalism among those who generate media content. These deficiencies represent an opportunity to implement the concept of an incubator of young journalists to integrate university-level education with practical experience. Communal relationship-based (RB) media provides ample room for this creative-form of education involving student participation in the media creation process in a real media environment. A specific level of professional competencies among students is the required prerequisite and verification of these competencies is the objective. A new form of dual academic education is presented and opportunities to make a significant contribution to the continued improvement of the quality of public service media are highlighted.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Štefánia Kru ová AU - Slavomír Magál AU - Jozef Tinka PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Incubator of Young Journalists as an Opportunity to Improve Communal Media BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.68 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.68 ID - Kruová2016/08 ER -