Critical Thinking as a Key Competency
- Dana Petranová, Monika Hossová
- Corresponding Author
- Dana Petranová
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.69How to use a DOI?
- critical thinking, media literacy, media education, new media, teaching methods
- This paper focuses on the key competency of critical thinking and the perception of this competency as a basic building block of media literacy. It operates with the terms media education, media literacy, critical thinking and new media. It also covers the inclusion of media education in international documents. It focuses on the role of new media in the process of building critical thinking competency and on technical methods that reinforce this competency. The aim of the paper is to emphasize the urgent need to form the critical thinking competency and analyse the possibilities of raising the media literacy and critical thinking by implementing new media and communication technologies into teaching. The paper analyses also the possibilities of using the activating methods in the teaching process.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dana Petranová AU - Monika Hossová PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Critical Thinking as a Key Competency BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.69 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.69 ID - Petranová2016/08 ER -