Ethic vs. Business, Religion vs. Task
- Alena Kusá, Zuzana Danechová, Stanislav Findra
- Corresponding Author
- Alena Kusá
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.72How to use a DOI?
- religious themes and motives; ad creators; values and opinions
- There are issues that are still taboo and displaying them in other than normal situations and stereotypes appears to be controversial. This research study deals with ethics in advertising with a focus on displaying religious symbols in controversial advertising campaigns. Religious motifs are often used with the intent to shock and creators often insensitive cross borders of decency with the intention to provoke, to be different, assume, or sell. The main aim of this research study is to highlight attitudes of advertising agencies toward to clients briefs with ideas or task balanced at the edge of ethics, contracting controversial or inflammatory advertising messages, analyse approaches creators of advertising campaigns and to identify barriers to the acceptance of the sensitivity of these briefs. Research sample includes 7 pre-selected advertising agencies whose representatives on various job positions through copywriters, account managers, executive staff, PR managers, marketing managers responded to the interview questions relating to the processing of sensitive subjects and religious themes in advertising or PR. This study points out the results of the research from the side of advertising creators who have to adapt to issues such as display religious themes in marketing communications. The research points what is in term of controversial or sensitive issue still acceptable and what they do not want to allow to regulate similar topics. We find if the values and principles of creators can affect the final form of advertising or PR article that gets to the public. Research was conducted via online interviews. Via e-mail we sent out 9 questions about the attitude of creators to ethics, personal values and the use of Christian themes in advertising. The selection criteria were that the worker has to work directly on advertising content according to the client´s brief and he or she has to have at least 3 years practice in this area.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Alena Kusá AU - Zuzana Danechová AU - Stanislav Findra PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Ethic vs. Business, Religion vs. Task BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.72 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.72 ID - Kusá2016/08 ER -