Translator’s Adaptation and Selection on TCM Textbook Translation for International Students
- Yu-shan Zhao, Dan Shao, Zhao-hui Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Yu-shan Zhao
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.223How to use a DOI?
- international students, bilingual TCM textbooks, translational eco-environment, translator-centeredness, adaptation and selection
- From the perspective of Eco-translatology, this paper analyzes the translational eco-environment of TCM textbook for international students, putting forward its complexity and specialty. With the application of “Translation as Adaptation and Selection” theory, this paper further proposes that in translation of TCM textbook for international students, translator-centeredness should be ensured by a translator’s selective adaptation and adaptive selection, in order to fit to its translational eco-environment and choose suitable target texts, thus to keep the eco-balance.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yu-shan Zhao AU - Dan Shao AU - Zhao-hui Liu PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Translator’s Adaptation and Selection on TCM Textbook Translation for International Students BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.223 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.223 ID - Zhao2016/08 ER -