Proceedings of the International Conference on Applied Science and Technology on Social Science 2021 (iCAST-SS 2021)

Coral Taxonomy with Ecolingistic Approach at Dive Spot in Pulisan Village, Likupang District, North Minahasa Regency

Authors
Mirjam Pratidina Tenda*, Mirjamtenda68@gmail.com
Manado State Polytechnic, Tourism Department, Manado, Indonesia
Yollanda L. Lagarensyolalagarens@gmail.com
Manado State Polytechnic, Tourism Department, Manado, Indonesia
Corresponding Author
Mirjam Pratidina TendaMirjamtenda68@gmail.com
Available Online 4 March 2022.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220301.136How to use a DOI?
Keywords
component; formatting; style; styling; insert (key words)
Abstract

Corals are animals known as polyps which belong to the phylum Cnidaria. In simple forms, corals can consist of only one polyp, in many species of coral and individual corals develop into many individuals called colonies. Ecolinguistics is a branch of linguistics that studies changes between the environment and language, environmental changes participate in the loss of language. The destruction of nature through coral bombing, coral harvesting, physical development in an area will have a negative impact on the environment but also on changes in the attitudes of language speakers themselves. Coral genus data was collected using the cruising survey method at a depth of 3-5 meters at high tide. After that, several pictures were taken for representatives of the genus using an underwater camera for further identification purposes using the coral finder book. Based on identification, there are 33 genera of coral in the waters of Pulisan Village, namely at a depth of 3-5 meters at the highest tide. From the results of interviews with 20 respondents from Pulisan Village residents who work as fishermen, tourism workers, representatives from the Village Government and private workers, where there are 23 variants of regional names. The findings prove that the names of corals in unknown local languages are 31 percent and the remaining 69 percent are known. The name of the coral is explained by known knowledge based on similarities, colors, terms, shapes.

Copyright
© 2022 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
Open Access
This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license.

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the International Conference on Applied Science and Technology on Social Science 2021 (iCAST-SS 2021)
Series
Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research
Publication Date
4 March 2022
ISBN
978-94-6239-547-3
ISSN
2352-5398
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220301.136How to use a DOI?
Copyright
© 2022 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
Open Access
This is an open access article under the CC BY-NC license.

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Mirjam Pratidina Tenda
AU  - Yollanda L. Lagarens
PY  - 2022
DA  - 2022/03/04
TI  - Coral Taxonomy with Ecolingistic Approach at Dive Spot in Pulisan Village, Likupang District, North Minahasa Regency
BT  - Proceedings of the International Conference on Applied Science and Technology on Social Science 2021 (iCAST-SS 2021)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 829
EP  - 832
SN  - 2352-5398
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220301.136
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220301.136
ID  - Tenda2022
ER  -