Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Current Issues in Education (ICCIE 2018)

Implementation of Blended Learning to Improve Fifth Graders’ Learning Participation

Authors
Estin Farida, Herman Dwi Surjono
Corresponding Author
Estin Farida
Available Online June 2019.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/iccie-18.2019.35How to use a DOI?
Keywords
blended learning, learning participation, e-learning
Abstract
This research aims to improve the learning participation level of Azzahrawi fifth graders’ of Private Elementary School SD Muhammadiyah Sapen Yogyakarta through blended learning. This is classroom action research. The subject of the research consisted of 33 Azzahrawi fifth graders of SD Muhammadiyah Sapen Yogyakarta in the 2016/2017 academic year. The data were collected by means of observation and questionnaire techniques. The instruments used were observation and questionnaire sheets. The data were then analyzed with the descriptive technique. The research results suggest that the blended learning can improve students’ participation level. In pre-cycle, no student demonstrates very high participation level and only [33.3% of students have high participation. This condition is then improved in Cycle 1 where 9.1% of students demonstrate very high participation level while the majority of students (96.1%) have high participation level. In cycle 2, students' participation level is continuously improved with 87.9% of students demonstrating very high participation while the rest 12.1% of students showing high participation. The research also revealed that blended learning could be implemented for fifth graders. The parents’ involvement and cooperation in the blended learning can improve learning participation of fifth graders. All parents (100%) involved in this study agree that e-learning could improve students’ participation level
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Download article (PDF)

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Estin Farida
AU  - Herman Dwi Surjono
PY  - 2019/06
DA  - 2019/06
TI  - Implementation of Blended Learning to Improve Fifth Graders’ Learning Participation
BT  - Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Current Issues in Education (ICCIE 2018)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 192
EP  - 205
SN  - 2352-5398
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccie-18.2019.35
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccie-18.2019.35
ID  - Farida2019/06
ER  -