The Relationship Between Role Conflict As Internal Barrier And Career Advancement Among Women In Banking Sector
- Shahida Mansor, Hazelena Dewi Fatahul Ariffin, Mohd Hakimi Md Baharudin, Zulhizzam Hamzah
- Corresponding Author
- Shahida Mansor
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.38How to use a DOI?
- Career advancement, barriers in career advancement, internal barrier, aspiration
- The main purpose of this study is to identify the relationship between role conflict as internal barrier and career advancement among women in banking sector. In this quantitative study, a set of questionnaire focusing on women executives was used for data collection. A total number of 263 women employees among the women executives in banking sector were selected to participate in the study. The research findings shown that, there was a significant effect of role-conflict on career advancement among women. It is recommended employer should provide training that can improve women executives’ time management
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shahida Mansor AU - Hazelena Dewi Fatahul Ariffin AU - Mohd Hakimi Md Baharudin AU - Zulhizzam Hamzah PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - The Relationship Between Role Conflict As Internal Barrier And Career Advancement Among Women In Banking Sector BT - International Conference on Economics and Banking (iceb-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.38 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.38 ID - Mansor2015/05 ER -