A Survey of Corner Detection Methods
- Junqing Wang, Weichuan Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Junqing Wang
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.47How to use a DOI?
- corner detection; feature extraction; algorithm research
- In this paper, we present an overview of various corner detection approaches that have been proposed in the last four decades. Corner detection algorithms can be divided into intensity-based, contour-based and model-based methods. Intensity-based methods are mainly based on measuring local intensity variation of image. Contour-based methods find corners by analyzing the shape of edge contour. Model-based methods extract corners by fitting the local image into a predefined model. Meanwhile, the problems of the existing corner detection methods are given.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Junqing Wang AU - Weichuan Zhang PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - A Survey of Corner Detection Methods BT - 2018 2nd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Automation (ICEEA 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.47 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.47 ID - Wang2018/03 ER -