Probability Distribution Fitting and Correlation Analysis of Engineering Education Quality Assessment
- Juan Chen, Bin Duan, Xiangshuai Qu
- Corresponding Author
- Juan Chen
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.22How to use a DOI?
- Quality assessment, Engineering Education, Probability distribution fitting, Correlation Analysis
- With the development of the engineering education, quality assessment has received widespread attention. In China, universities adopt deterministic analysis on quality assessment, which regards course exam scores as the assessment metrics and there are very few other assessment models that may cause the inaccuracy of assessment results. To solve this problem, the paper puts forward engineering education quality assessment decision-making system containing exam assessment model, S-ISAL(Space-based Information Search and Analysis Learning) assessment model and third-party assessment model. Using @risk simulation tool, the probability distribution of the three assessments is fitted according to sample data, and then analyzing the correlation among these assessments to get the probability distribution of quality assessments. The probability distribution provides scientific information for decision-making and planning in education management.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Juan Chen AU - Bin Duan AU - Xiangshuai Qu PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Probability Distribution Fitting and Correlation Analysis of Engineering Education Quality Assessment BT - 2016 International Conference on Education, E-learning and Management Technology PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.22 ID - Chen2016/08 ER -