Three-dimensional Simulation Function of MATLAB in the Teaching Practice of Higher Mathematics
- Jielin Shang, Hongmei Pei, Simin Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Jielin Shang
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.61How to use a DOI?
- Higher Mathematics, MATLAB, Teaching application, Three-dimensional simulation
- As a public basic required course of college, status of Higher Mathematics is of vital significance. However, the theory is too difficult to understand, most students think that math is useless so that they are not interested in higher mathematics. Today, MATLAB is one of the most developed software packages available. The purpose of this paper is to enable most students and particularly non-math majors to understand how to use MATLAB correctly in solving their problems of interest. In this paper, we focused on understanding the fundamental mathematical concepts and mastering problem-solving skills with the help of MATLAB and skip some tedious derivations. We found that by taking the MATLAB as an auxiliary and applying it into the teaching of higher mathematics, mathematical problems would be easy to solve. In this paper, almost every algorithm is followed by example MATLAB code with a friendly interface, so that students can easily modify the code to solve practical problems.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jielin Shang AU - Hongmei Pei AU - Simin Wang PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Three-dimensional Simulation Function of MATLAB in the Teaching Practice of Higher Mathematics BT - 2016 International Conference on Education, E-learning and Management Technology PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.61 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.61 ID - Shang2016/08 ER -