Waqf in Education Sector of Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
- Wan Kamal Mujani, Mohamad Khairul Izwan Rifin, Mohd Syakir Mohd Taib
- Corresponding Author
- Wan Kamal Mujani
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.104How to use a DOI?
- Waqf, Education, State of Islamic Council, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia
- Waqf has been practiced among Muslims in Malaysia since long ago. Management of waqf property in Malaysia is placed under an appointed al-mutawalli and the respective state Islamic administration. Many studies have been conducted on waqf in various sectors which multifariously benefit and contribute to the Muslim society. Thus, the prime objective of this research is to study waqf in the education sector of the state of Negeri Sembilan as well as the development of waqf property by the Negeri Sembilan State Islamic Council (MAINS), the private sector and individuals. The research method used is qualitative involving literature review and field survey. Research results find that waqf in education sector in Negeri Sembilan evidently bring many benefits and facilities, particularly to the local society and generally to the Muslim community in Malaysia. As a result of this, the state government, private sector and individuals should be jointly responsible in developing waqf property and constantly ensure that waqf contributions optimally benefit the society.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wan Kamal Mujani AU - Mohamad Khairul Izwan Rifin AU - Mohd Syakir Mohd Taib PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Waqf in Education Sector of Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia BT - 2016 International Conference on Education, E-learning and Management Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.104 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.104 ID - Mujani2016/08 ER -