Issues and Challenges of Education for Disabilities (Blind) in Muslim Community in Malaysia by using Braille
- Ahmad Yunus Mohd Noor, Wan Kamal Mujani
- Corresponding Author
- Ahmad Yunus Mohd Noor
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.124How to use a DOI?
- Learning Disabilities, Malaysia, Braille, Issues, challenges
- The production of Braille code is important to people with learning disabilities especially those who have sight problem. This article attempts to find out the issues and challenges of learning disabilities experienced by members of the association PERTIS using Braille approach. The study also aims to identify the level of knowledge, understanding and practice of the use of Braille among the members of the association. This study undertakes an analysis of people with learning disabilities based on issues and challenges as the main sources of reference by adopting the document analysis method. The outcome of this article suggests that the Malaysia government needs to make improvements in order to enhance the quality of education for people with learning disabilities and create a special education program for them. Besides that the methods and point solutions to the problems faced by this kind of people is considered as a new issue and supposed to be handled by government and private sector.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ahmad Yunus Mohd Noor AU - Wan Kamal Mujani PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Issues and Challenges of Education for Disabilities (Blind) in Muslim Community in Malaysia by using Braille BT - 2016 International Conference on Education, E-learning and Management Technology PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.124 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.124 ID - MohdNoor2016/08 ER -