Categories of Modality and Their Use in Modern Biological Conceptions
- Vitaly Ivlev, Marina Ivleva, Vladimir Inozemtsev, Mikhail Oseledchik
- Corresponding Author
- Vitaly Ivlev
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icelaic-16.2017.167How to use a DOI?
- categories; biological; necessity; randomness; possibility; modality; logic; methodology; scientific knowledge
- The paper discusses the validity of the use of the categories of modality (necessity, randomness and possibility) and clarifies the content of these categories in biology. For this purpose, the article, firstly, explores the first in the history of philosophy understanding of the categories of modality by Democritus, including by means of modern logic. Second, it identifies the main use of the categories studied in modern biology.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Vitaly Ivlev AU - Marina Ivleva AU - Vladimir Inozemtsev AU - Mikhail Oseledchik PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Categories of Modality and Their Use in Modern Biological Conceptions BT - 2016 3rd International Conference on Education, Language, Art and Inter-cultural Communication (ICELAIC 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icelaic-16.2017.167 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icelaic-16.2017.167 ID - Ivlev2016/12 ER -