A Qualitative Study of Efl English Teacher’s Perceptions Towards Teaching Vocabulary Using Word Games for Junior High Schools on Semarang Central Java: to Use Or to Reject?
- Yosephin WL Maria, Hidayat Nur, Andris Susanto Dias
- Corresponding Author
- Yosephin WL Maria
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.36How to use a DOI?
- teacher’s perception, teaching vocabulary, word games
- This study can aim to determine teacher’s perceptions in teaching vocabulary using word games for junior high schools’ students in Semarang, Central Java. According to Kebeil (2012), there are teachers and students’ perceptions in teaching vocabulary in the classroom. The population consisted some of the teachers in junior high school in Semarang. Thekind of this research is descriptive qualitative research especially in analyzing the data. The research problem is(1) what is the teachers’ perception towards teaching vocabulary using word games? (2) what is this research be used or rejected?The method of data collection in this research are given questionnaire. The finding of the research shows thatquestions given by researcher will be categorized intothree teachers’ perception related tothe teaching vocabulary. They are: 1) Teacher’s perception toward the teaching vocabulary in junior high school, it showed (55.55% out of 100%, a total of strongly agree and agree answer), 2) teachers’ perception in relation with thought of using word games in teaching vocabulary, it showed (77.77% out of 100%, a total of strongly agree and agree answer) and 3) teachers’ perception in relation with word games effectiveness in teaching vocabulary, it showed (44.44% out of 100%, a total of strongly agree and agree answer). In the result of this research, the research can be used to continuing. Word Games are proven to be useful and effective in our study that they should be used for teaching vocabulary to very young learners. Thus, such a teaching method using Word Games will help the students actively involved in the process in an enjoyable way.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yosephin WL Maria AU - Hidayat Nur AU - Andris Susanto Dias PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - A Qualitative Study of Efl English Teacher’s Perceptions Towards Teaching Vocabulary Using Word Games for Junior High Schools on Semarang Central Java: to Use Or to Reject? BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.36 ID - Maria2019/01 ER -