Lexical Madurese Language Dialexical Madurese Language Kangean Dialect (Lexicostatistics Study)
- Yani Ahmad, Sudarso Hendra
- Corresponding Author
- Yani Ahmad
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.41How to use a DOI?
- Kangean Dialect, Lexical Madurese Language, Map of language.
- This research raises the issue of the Kangean dialect Madurese language in the Kangean Islands. Geographically the Kangean Islands entered Central Indonesia, but administratively the Kangean Islands entered Sumenep-Madura Regency. The population consists of Javanese, Balinese, Bajo, Madurese, and Malay tribes so that interference occurs in daily communication. This research question is 1). What is the lexical pattern of the Madange dialect of the Kangean language? 2). How do you use the Madange dialect of the Kangean language map? This study uses the Lexicostatistic method which is a comparative method by calculating the lexical Madurese Language of the Kangean Dialect with both permutation, multitude, and isogloss files. The results showed that different patterns were found in the Kangean dialect Madurese language with their mother Madurese in Madura island, namely pattern V, KV, KVK, KKV and KKVK patterns were not found like Madurese in Madura Island. In the lexical map of the Madurese language the Kangean dialect is used in Kangean coastline extending from the village of Kalikatak to the east of the Paliat island with speakers of five thousand. Javanese is used in Torjek, Sawah Sumur, and Sepanjang villages. Bajo language is used in Sapeken sub-district, and Malay is used randomly by former labor migrants.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yani Ahmad AU - Sudarso Hendra PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Lexical Madurese Language Dialexical Madurese Language Kangean Dialect (Lexicostatistics Study) BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.41 ID - Ahmad2019/01 ER -