Implementation of Transformational Leadership of Study Program Chairperson and its Impact on Lecturers Achievement Motivation
- Hamidi Dendi Zainuddin, Permadi Indra, Setiawan Iwan Rizal
- Corresponding Author
- Hamidi Dendi Zainuddin
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.54How to use a DOI?
- Achievement Motivation, Need for Achievement, Need for Affiliation, and Need for Power
- This study aims to analyze the implementation of Transformational leadership of the Study Program Chair and its impact on lecturer achievement motivation. The long-term goals and specific objectives of this study are the application of Transformationaonal leadership style that can encourage lecturers to excel in accordance with the indicators of achievement of lecturers' achievement. Lecturers are one of the important elements in higher education. In reality, lecturers as humans sometimes experience conditions of boredom and anxiety about their work so that they need motivation. The key to success and quality of graduates is determined by the teaching model of a lecturer. This has long been realized, even by the lecturers themselves. This awareness is shown by the lecturers' personal efforts to make them have competence and expertise in accordance with their interests and areas of concern. To achieve all that, the lecturer also needs motivation. "It is very important to give motivation to the lecturers to always improve the quality in the implementation of the Tridharma. This research was conducted on permanent lecturers, who have NIDN at private universities in Sukabumi. The research method used in this study is a conclusive method. Variable Transformational leadership is developed into four variable components consisting of Idealized influence, Inspirational Motivation, Intellectual Stimulation, Individualized consideration and variable Achievement motivation using Mc.Clelland's Achievement Motivation Theory which is operationalized in the Need for Achievement indicator, Need for Affiliation, and Need for Power. The sampling technique used is probability sampling with proportionate stratified random sampling technique. The test carried out on the instrument is the test of validity and reliability, and for the pre-requisite test the analysis uses normality test, multicollinearity test, and heteroscedasticity test. And data analysis techniques use multiple regression. The results of transformational leadership research have a significant effect on lecturer achievement motivation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hamidi Dendi Zainuddin AU - Permadi Indra AU - Setiawan Iwan Rizal PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Implementation of Transformational Leadership of Study Program Chairperson and its Impact on Lecturers Achievement Motivation BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.54 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.54 ID - DendiZainuddin2019/01 ER -