The Effect of Work Environment and Motivation on Morale of Teacher in Ensino Básico Central Afaça, Quelicai - Timor Leste
- 10.2991/icet-17.2017.56How to use a DOI?
- environment, motivation, morale
Ensino B sico Central Afa‡a is Ensino B sico Central which is located away from the residential community. Thus, branch schools are rather difficult to get information directly from the center (Central School) since they are far from each other and are not transported, in addition to the lack of supervision that is routed from the authority. In addition, teachers who teach at the school ought to take a walk a few kilometers to get to their workplace (school). Since the location of schools away from the community housing, the teachers are difficult to get their basic needs. The analysis technique used in this research was a multiple linear regression analysis techniques with X1 variable (working environment), X2 variable (working motivation), and variable Y (morale). The results showed that the working environment of teachers and working motivation simultaneously has a significant effect on morale in Ensino B sico Afa‡a, Quelicai - Timor-Leste, where Fcount (20.106) > from Ftable (4.96) with a significance level of 0.000 < 0.050. With a simultaneous correlation coefficient of 0.952 and coefficient determination (r2) of 0.906 or 90.6%. Furthermore, working environment variables (X1) and working motivation variable (X2) partially affect the morale (Y). Where, working environment obtained the value of 2.834 > t table 2.228 significant value t test of 0.018, and work motivation value of 3.206> t table amounted to 2.228 at a significance level of 95%, or significant value t test of 0.009. Therefore, from the two variables working environment (X1) and motivation (X2), the most dominant effect on morale (Y) is variable X2 (Motivation) where coefficients correlation of working environment (X1) on morale (Y) of 0.900 at a significance level of 0.000 and working motivation to morale (Y) amounted to 0.911 at a rate of significance 0.000, with the multiple linear regression value Y = 0.583 + 0.463X1 + 0.469X2. Meanwhile, the correlation coefficient of the working environment and working motivation on morale obtained the value of 0.952 which R square of 0.906 or 90.6% and the remaining 9.4% is influenced by other factors.
- © 2017, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Agostinho Dos Santos Gonçalves AU - Calisto Moreira PY - 2017/09 DA - 2017/09 TI - The Effect of Work Environment and Motivation on Morale of Teacher in Ensino Básico Central Afaça, Quelicai - Timor Leste BT - Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Education and Training (ICET 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SP - 316 EP - 321 SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icet-17.2017.56 DO - 10.2991/icet-17.2017.56 ID - DosSantosGonçalves2017/09 ER -