Analysis of 3D Formation Pressure Based on Logging Data
- Yanan Sheng, Zhichuan Guan, Kai Wei, Yuqiang Xu
- Corresponding Author
- Yanan Sheng
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.29How to use a DOI?
- Formation Pressure, Formation Matrix, Epitaxial Transfer Algorithm, 3D visualization software
- A method for constructing regional 3D formation pressure based on logging data was established in this paper. It aims to deal with the problem that constructing regional 3D formation pressure in the block which is short of the seismic data or has poor quality of seismic data. To begin with, logging data and core data of drilled wells were collected. Making full use of the fine continuity and accurate resolving capability of logging data, we calculated the formation pressure of drilled wells based on the Eaton law. In addition, based on the concept of digital strata,the concept of formation matrix was put forward. What's more, formation matrix of the aimed layer group was built by making use of the drilled well formation pressure based on the epitaxial transfer algorithm. Finally, we realized the description of the regional 3D formation pressure. To verify the reliability of the method, one drilled well formation pressure was derived from the 3D formation pressure. It is compared with the pressure interpreted by the logging data. The maximum error is less than 5%. Finally, by using the visible language, the software of describing 3D formation pressure was developed. And it is conductive to drilling engineer to predict formation pressure which can provide the basis for the casing design and the selection of the drilling fluid density.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yanan Sheng AU - Zhichuan Guan AU - Kai Wei AU - Yuqiang Xu PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Analysis of 3D Formation Pressure Based on Logging Data BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering and Technology Innovations PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.29 ID - Sheng2016/03 ER -