Feasibility analysis on radiant transient heat flux meter calibration system
- Chunchen Sheng, Peng Hu, Xiaofang Cheng
- Corresponding Author
- Chunchen Sheng
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.28How to use a DOI?
- heat flux meter, calibration, uncertainty, temperature distribution, heat flux non-uniformity
- A heat flux meter calibration system composed of a vacuum cryogenic container, a blackbody furnace and a set of T-type thermocouples measurement system is introduced in this paper. Primary purpose of this system is to calibrate specific heat flux meters applied in spacecraft thermal ground tests within which the heat flux range is from 60w/m2 to 1400w/m2 and vacuum is necessary. To simulate space condition, the vacuum container is designed according to the space simulator working standard in thermal ground tests. The required temperature measurement uncertainty in the heat flux meter calibration system is less than 0.1K and thermocouple calibration is completed in a more precise thermostatic bath of uncertainty less than 3mK. Thermal character of the vacuum container and the blackbody furnace are verified by NX I-Deas simulations. Besides, Heat flux distribution non-uniformity of the blackbody furnace aperture is 3.5% and obtained by ray trace method. Consequently, heat flux meter calibration uncertainty less than 5% is proved to be realizable in this system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chunchen Sheng AU - Peng Hu AU - Xiaofang Cheng PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Feasibility analysis on radiant transient heat flux meter calibration system BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering and Technology Innovations PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.28 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.28 ID - Sheng2016/03 ER -