Hydrodynamic Analysis and Modeling of Nozzle for Particle Jet Impact on Rock Broken
- Xiao-ze Cheng, Fu-shen Ren, Tian-cheng Fang
- Corresponding Author
- Xiao-ze Cheng
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.15How to use a DOI?
- Particle jet, Nozzle, Rock broken, Mathematical model, Simulation
- Particle impact drilling is a kind of rock breaking method, that high speed metal particles and fluid were given priority to be used to jointly break rock, and mechanical drill bits were supplemented. It is an effective means to solve the hard and abrasion-resistant drilling problems in deep and ultra-deep well drilling. Accelerate process of the particle in the fluid are analyzed, In view of the cone type nozzle, the equations of fluid motion and acceleration simulation of particle were established, and resolved the mathematical model, using Fluent software simulation platform, simulation verification was performed for the acceleration of particles and fluid in a straight cone nozzle. The calculation results were identical to the simulation results. It proved the mathematical model is correct. The results can be used to determine rock parameters for particle jet impact.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiao-ze Cheng AU - Fu-shen Ren AU - Tian-cheng Fang PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Hydrodynamic Analysis and Modeling of Nozzle for Particle Jet Impact on Rock Broken BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.15 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.15 ID - Cheng2017/02 ER -