Trial Research on Influence of Steering Stiffness on Steering Wheel Jitter with Engine Idling
- Xian Yu, Huizhen Duan, Xing Li, Huashan Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Xian Yu
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.16How to use a DOI?
- Jitter with Engine Idling, Automobile NVH, Steering Stiffness
- Driving fatigue and even arm numbness can be caused by steering wheel jitters with engine idling. Objective measurement and subjective evaluation are applied of the analysis on the influencing factor of steering wheel jitter in two conditions, engine idling with air conditioning on and off. The prior optimization on steering system stiffness result shows that steering wheel vibration center acceleration is 0.053g when the air condition is off, as reduced by 30%, this value reduced to 0.139g when the air conditioner is activated, as reduced by 26%. The first order frequency of the steering system is higher than 32Hz, having avoided the engine idle vibration frequency .The score of subjective evaluation with air conditioning off and on is 6 and 6.5 respectively, as acceptable.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xian Yu AU - Huizhen Duan AU - Xing Li AU - Huashan Lin PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Trial Research on Influence of Steering Stiffness on Steering Wheel Jitter with Engine Idling BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.16 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.16 ID - Yu2017/02 ER -