Gradually Changing Surface Microstructure and Impact Resistance of Hot Formed 10CrNi3MoV Marine Steel
- You-dan Guo, Yucheng Liang, Jun Cheng, Jianfeng Lan, Huafeng Wu
- Corresponding Author
- You-dan Guo
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.20How to use a DOI?
- High Strength Marine Steel, Hot Forming, Microstructure, Iimpact Resistance
- Microstructural changes of 10CrNi3MoV marine steel before and after hot forming were detected by testing devices such as X-ray diffractometer, the formation causes and law of gradually changing surface microstructure of hot-formed material and those of the interior martensite structure were analyzed. The study shows that the gradually changing surface microstructure formed in 10CrNi3MoV marine steel after hot forming makes the material hardness increases sharply from surface to interior within the 0-0.25mm surface depth scope, and the hardness is maintained at 40-45HRC after reaching the 0.25mm depth; the material malleability decreases evidently from surface to interior within the 0-0.25mm surface depth scope, with the change amplitude being great, and the decrease amplitude is obviously reduced at the 0.25-0.50mm depth scope, and becomes very small after the 0.50mm depth is reached; the role of its gradually changing surface microstructure and the display of large malleability characteristic by the soft outer layer prevent the interior high-strength martensite from premature failure in the impact process, and enable a gentle structural peak value, and the gentle impact level and the gradual failure of the material enable the structure to keep a high energy absorption capacity and impact resistance. This indicates that hot-formed 10CrNi3MoV marine steel combines the excellent properties of single-phase materials, and is suitable for structural members that should withstand impact and absorb energy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - You-dan Guo AU - Yucheng Liang AU - Jun Cheng AU - Jianfeng Lan AU - Huafeng Wu PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Gradually Changing Surface Microstructure and Impact Resistance of Hot Formed 10CrNi3MoV Marine Steel BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.20 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.20 ID - Guo2017/02 ER -