Crack Resistance Evaluation on Submarine Pipeline Laying
- Chun-run Li, Ya-zhang He, Hua-qing Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Chun-run Li
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.24How to use a DOI?
- Welded Joint, Crack Tip Opening Displacement (CTOD), S-lay, Evaluation
- Submerged arc welding and double torch automatic welding were used in the girth welding of X65 pipeline steel for two-joint-one prefabrication and principal line welding, respectively. The crack tip opening displacement (CTOD) tests of the welded joints were conducted at minus 10 degrees Celsius. The critical CTOD values in pipeline laying process were obtained from the evaluation based on fracture mechanics and compared with the experimental result. The result of comparison showed that the crack resistances of the welded joints in this paper meet the requirement for pipeline laying, so that the pipeline won't crack during S-lay. This method provides reference evidence for the crack resistance evaluation of the welded submarine pipeline laying.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chun-run Li AU - Ya-zhang He AU - Hua-qing Yang PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Crack Resistance Evaluation on Submarine Pipeline Laying BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.24 ID - Li2017/02 ER -