Research on Deformation Behaviors and Surface Quality Model at High-speed Cutting
- H.P. An, Z.Y. Rui, J.F. Guo
- Corresponding Author
- H.P. An
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.33How to use a DOI?
- ZGMn13 Steel, High-speed Cutting, Deformation Behavior, Surface Quality, Prediction Model
- The cemented carbide cutting tools were experimentally performed to dry cut high manganese steel (ZG Mn13) at high speed, and the high-speed cutting behaviors and the effect of cutting parameters on cutting quality were investigated, and predict model of surface roughness for high-speed cutting was established. The results show that the surface roughness first increases and then decreases with the cutting speed increase and feed rates decrease, and finally trends to be stable; the surface quality of high-speed cutting is obviously superior to that of conventional cutting. From the macro-graphs and micro-graphs of chips, the chips shows continuous belt-shaped macroscopic appearances, whereas the top surface of the chips reveals jagged microscopic characteristics, with burn and adhesion shear characteristics on the bottom surface. Work hardening and high-temperature softening simultaneously affect the shear deformation. When the effect of the former is dominant, the belt-shape characteristics are visible; when the effect of the latter is dominant, the jagged characteristics are notable and the belt-shape characteristics are weak. This indicates that the adiabatic shear slip occurs. The cutting parameters are reasonably selected to obtain ideal cutting quality and chip shape. The predicted model of the surface roughness provides an important reference for the surface cutting quality of high-speed cutting or the selection of cutting parameters according to cutting quality.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - H.P. An AU - Z.Y. Rui AU - J.F. Guo PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Research on Deformation Behaviors and Surface Quality Model at High-speed Cutting BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.33 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.33 ID - An2017/02 ER -