Study on Shear Angle Model for Superalloy GH4169
- Zhong-fei Zou, Lin He, Yue-wei Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Zhong-fei Zou
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.79How to use a DOI?
- Shear Angle, Superalloy, GH4169, Friction Coefficient
- Shear angle is an important parameter to study cutting deformation. This paper uses orthogonal cutting force test to obtain the tangential force and normal force in order to investigate the average friction coefficient on the rake face in machining super alloy GH4169. With high temperature Split-Hopkinson pressure bar (SHPB) compression test, the constitutive equation for GH4169 was established and provided material model for Third Wave Advant Edge software in order to improve the simulation precision. Comparing simulated and calculated results, it is shown that the calculated results are bigger than the simulated ones. Finally, by modifying the shear angle model, we obtain a new model, as well as simulation for its validation. The new shear angle model proves out more suitable to express the shear angle in the cutting process of super alloy GH4169.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhong-fei Zou AU - Lin He AU - Yue-wei Chen PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Study on Shear Angle Model for Superalloy GH4169 BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.79 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.79 ID - Zou2017/02 ER -