Numerical Investigation of Collapsing Liquid Cylinder
- Jian Hu, Lei Guo, Chong Geng, Ting Guo, Shi-li Sun
- Corresponding Author
- Jian Hu
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.78How to use a DOI?
- Multiphase Flow, Volume of Fluid, Finite Volume Method, IDEAL Algorithm
- This paper presents an two-dimensional numerical model for incompressible multiphase flow. The Navier-Stokes equations are discretised by the finite volume method. IDEAL algorithm is implemented for solving the Navier-Stokes equations. PLIC-VOF method is used to track the free surface. The validity of the numerical model is examined through collapsing cylinder of water.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jian Hu AU - Lei Guo AU - Chong Geng AU - Ting Guo AU - Shi-li Sun PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Numerical Investigation of Collapsing Liquid Cylinder BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.78 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.78 ID - Hu2017/02 ER -