Train Timetable Optimization for Metro Lines Connecting to Airport
- Jinwei Lu, Yun Bai, Jiajie Li
- Corresponding Author
- Jinwei Lu
Available Online April 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.7How to use a DOI?
- Airport express, Timetable optimization, Passenger waiting time, Genetic algorithm.
- Due to the advantages of huge capacity and reliable service, metro plays an important role in transporting airport passengers. It is known that train timetable has a direct impact on passenger waiting time which affects the service level of airport express. This paper first analyzes the behavior characteristics of passengers arriving at the airport express, and obtains the distribution of passenger flow throughout the day. Afterward, an optimization model on train timetable is established to minimize the total passenger waiting time at stations in airport express. GA algorithm is adopted to solve the proposed model. The results on Beijing metro airport express show that the proposed model reduces the passenger waiting time over 10%, compared to the fixed-headway timetable and the actual timetable.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jinwei Lu AU - Yun Bai AU - Jiajie Li PY - 2019/04 DA - 2019/04 TI - Train Timetable Optimization for Metro Lines Connecting to Airport BT - 3rd International Conference on Mechatronics Engineering and Information Technology (ICMEIT 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.7 ID - Lu2019/04 ER -