Research of Order Batching Variable Neighborhood Search Algorithm based on Saving Mileage
- Zeping Pei, Zhuan Wang, Yiwen Yang
- Corresponding Author
- Zeping Pei
Available Online April 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.34How to use a DOI?
- order batching; mileage saving; routing optimization; variable neighborhood search algorithm.
- Basing on a picker-to-parts batch picking system of full container load, an order batching model takes picking equipment and commodity packaging volume into consideration is constructed, the objective of the model is to maximize the saving mileage. To solve the model, an order batching variable neighborhood search algorithm is proposed. With the data from a specific logistic center, a simulation experiment has been carried out. The results show that, the performance of VNS-Deco is superior to FCFS, SBBM and S&U-Deco under 4 different order pool situations, the total picking mileage optimized by VNS-Deco is reduced by 13.2%, 3.3% and 1.6% compared with FCFS, SBBM and S&U-Deco.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zeping Pei AU - Zhuan Wang AU - Yiwen Yang PY - 2019/04 DA - 2019/04 TI - Research of Order Batching Variable Neighborhood Search Algorithm based on Saving Mileage BT - 3rd International Conference on Mechatronics Engineering and Information Technology (ICMEIT 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.34 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeit-19.2019.34 ID - Pei2019/04 ER -