Functional-Equivalent Approach in UNCITRAL Electronic Commerce Legislation
- Guomin Lyu, Shengmian Zhou
- Corresponding Author
- Guomin Lyu
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.338How to use a DOI?
- Functional equivalence; Electronic commerce legislation
- This paper sums up the legislative value of the functional-equivalent approach by analyzing its specific application in the electronic commerce legislation, and believes that the approach can better deal with traditional legal obstacles which the indirect electronic commerce faces. However, with the rapid development of direct electronic commerce, the limitations of the functional-equivalent approach have begun to magnify. On the basis of the limitations, the authors argue that the legislation of electronic commerce shall be transformed from the dual-track system of functional equivalence to a new stage of uniform law appropriate for the traditional and electronic commerce ultimately.
- © The authors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lyu, Guomin AU - Zhou, Shengmian DA - 2018/06/23 TI - Functional-Equivalent Approach in UNCITRAL Electronic Commerce Legislation BT - 2018 2nd International Conference on Management, Education and Social Science (ICMESS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.338 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.338 ID - Lyu2018 ER -