Present Situation and Restricting Factors of Chinese Garlic Export to ASEAN
- Xiangli Kong, Pei Zhang, Junnan Dong
- Corresponding Author
- Xiangli Kong
Available Online June 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.403How to use a DOI?
- Garlic Export; China-ASEAN Free Trade Zone; Current Situation; Restricting Factors
- With the establishment of the China-ASEAN free trade zone, the trade in agricultural products, especially garlic, between China and ASEAN countries has developed rapidly. While both sides are engaged in mutually beneficial and win-win garlic trade, the problem of garlic trade has become increasingly prominent. First of all, this paper describes the rapid development of China's garlic export to ASEAN in recent years in terms of trade patterns and commodity structure of garlic exports. Then, it concludes that the factors restricting the further development of China's garlic export to ASEAN are unbalanced production and marketing, low scientific and technological level, low quality, lack of brand awareness, and serious anti-dumping. Finally, from the management mode of garlic export enterprises, the market and the garlic profession association, three countermeasures are put forward in this paper.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiangli Kong AU - Pei Zhang AU - Junnan Dong PY - 2018/06 DA - 2018/06 TI - Present Situation and Restricting Factors of Chinese Garlic Export to ASEAN BT - 2018 2nd International Conference on Management, Education and Social Science (ICMESS 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.403 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmess-18.2018.403 ID - Kong2018/06 ER -