A Retrieval System for Searching 3D Models from Web
- Liu Yang, Jiale Wang, Xiang Li
- Corresponding Author
- Liu Yang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.81How to use a DOI?
- 3D Model; Content-Based Retrieval; Relevace Feedback
- As there are an increasing number of 3D models available on web, it is necessary to develop a system to help people find and get them. In this paper, we propose a system for content-based retrieval of 3D models on web. Users can submit an example 3D model to the retrieval system, and it will return a ranked list of similar models. We use a clawer to search for 3D models and download them to a local database. The shape feature vectors of these models are extracted, and the similarity between 3D models can be measured by the distance between their shape feature vectors. A relevance feedback algorithm is employed to optimize the retrieval performance. A prototype system of the proposed search engine is built.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Liu Yang AU - Jiale Wang AU - Xiang Li PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - A Retrieval System for Searching 3D Models from Web BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.81 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.81 ID - Yang2015/12 ER -