Simulation on the plunge stage in refill friction stir spot welding of Aluminum Alloys
- HongGang Yang, HaiJun Yang, Xing Hu
- Corresponding Author
- HongGang Yang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.105How to use a DOI?
- Refill Friction Stir Spot Welding, Numerical Simulation, Material Flow
- In order to save vehicle weight and protect environment, lightweight materials such as aluminum alloys have been widely used in the automotive industry. As a solid state jointing technique, refill friction stir spot welding (RFSSW) process is expected to apply to join automobile body parts made of aluminum sheet, because of its advantages. The present paper investigated the material flow in the plunge stage during RFSSW process by smoothed particle hydrodynamics (SPH) numerical simulation method. Material flow patterns and flow velocity was analyzed. The research results can provide guidelines for process analysis and welding quality improvement of RFSSW process.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - HongGang Yang AU - HaiJun Yang AU - Xing Hu PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Simulation on the plunge stage in refill friction stir spot welding of Aluminum Alloys BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.105 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.105 ID - Yang2015/12 ER -