Thangka Image Retrieval Method Based on Sub-block Dominant Color
- Wanpin Gao, Wentao Shen, Weilan Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Wanpin Gao
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.106How to use a DOI?
- Image retrieval; Overlapped sub-block; Dominant color; Thangka image.
- In the light of the problem of lacking spatial knowledge of global color histogram and the characteristics of Thangka images, a method based on overlapping partition dominant color is presented. Translating color space from RGB to HSV, it designs overlapped sub-block to get the dominant color in each block. According overlapping partition model, the weight of every sub-block can be computed. Meanwhile, the reduced quadratic form distance method is applied to decrease arithmetic complexity. Similarity is calculated based on the dominant color feature of each partition. Experimental results show this approach is better than the method based on global dominant color; it can greatly reduce the dimension of color feature, and keep high retrieval precision simultaneity.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Wanpin Gao AU - Wentao Shen AU - Weilan Wang PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Thangka Image Retrieval Method Based on Sub-block Dominant Color BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.106 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.106 ID - Gao2015/12 ER -