Secondary Reduction Algorithm Based on Grid and Curvature Method
- Shigang Wang, Yong Yan, Shufeng Jiang
- Corresponding Author
- Shigang Wang
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.107How to use a DOI?
- Data reduction; Grid method; Curvature; Secondary Streamlining
- In reverse engineering, the point cloud data processing is the key, it will directly affect the quality and efficiency of the subsequent reconstruction of the surface. However, the amount of data obtained by three-dimensional laser scanning is often larger and redundant, which will increase the difficulty of the surface reconstruction, therefore, the point cloud data is needed to streamline. Depth analysis of the efficiency and accuracy of curvature grid method, a secondary streamlined algorithm is proposed, which take use of non-uniform grid streamline law based on octree to streamline to the point cloud, and re-use curvature streamline method based on B-spline surface fitting to streamline it. This method, whose streamline ratio is relatively high, can effectively retain the feature point cloud data, providing a great convenience for the follow-up of reverse engineering.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shigang Wang AU - Yong Yan AU - Shufeng Jiang PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Secondary Reduction Algorithm Based on Grid and Curvature Method BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.107 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.107 ID - Wang2015/12 ER -