Mining Users’ Mobility Patterns Based On Apriori
- Hongyan Cui, Xiaolong Yin
- Corresponding Author
- Hongyan Cui
Available Online December 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.228How to use a DOI?
- Mobility patterns, Apriori Algorithm, Trajectory prediction, User behaviour analysis.
- Mobility pattern of users is decided by people themselves. However, in the daily life, mobile users often repeat regular routes in certain periods. To effectively mine the mobile rules of users and allocate the resource among mobile telecommunication operators and Internet Service Providers (ISP), grasping the models of human mobility can enable effective network planning and advertisement recommending. In this paper, we employ Apriori algorithm method to mine mobile users' movement model. The algorithm proposed is based on mining the mobility patterns of users, forming mobility rules from these patterns, and finally predicting a mobile user's next movement by using the mobility rules. The user mobility patterns are mined from the history of mobile user trajectories. In addition to the analysis of individual mobile behavior, it is possible to mine population movement regularity from a large number of user mobile patterns. By studying the group characteristics the place that a large number of users accessed can be found. Operators can optimize the setting of the base station according to the density of users to meet the needs of mobile users.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Hongyan Cui AU - Xiaolong Yin PY - 2015/12 DA - 2015/12 TI - Mining Users’ Mobility Patterns Based On Apriori BT - 2015 4th International Conference on Mechatronics, Materials, Chemistry and Computer Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.228 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmmcce-15.2015.228 ID - Cui2015/12 ER -